Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Oh No, Mr. Bill! Summer School

I started St. Eugene's Summer School.  We worked on some math including finding perimeter and place value and we worked on less than or greater than with equations.  I thought that was easy.  The schoolwork is too easy but I had fun with my friends.  We also worked on Reader's Theater and picked out a play to perform.  It's based on the Grinch Who Stole Christmas except this time it's the Grinch Who Stole the Light.  I'm going to be Max - his dog!  Cindy Lou will be played by a boy named Marco and when she gets zapped, she will turn into the Green Lantern!  For PE, we played dodge ball and Ms. Carbelski let the girls cheat but not the boys - NO FAIR!  Here's a picture of St. Eugene's.



After St. Eugene's I'm going to ride my skateboard to Huntington Learning Center every day for two hours of tutoring, which is next door to my mother's office.  She and I will get done at the same time.  I am learning test taking skills there because I've never taken tests.  I'm going to take the Catholic High School Entrance Exam.  I'm also going to take the SAT.  There's a girl who took the SAT after eighth grade and just skipped high school and went straight to college because she scored so well.  I already know that I have to work on my vocabulary to do really well on the reading part so that is what I'm working on too.  I won't take those tests until the end of summer.  I just completed a national standards test and I scored really well on my knowledge base, so I could go to high school this fall but I'm not.  I  was thinking about going to Cardinal Newman High this fall but I'm taking this year to attend the junior college instead.  My dad was able to pay for my tuition to Newman High before but he's been sick and in bed and he had surgery so now he isn't working but my mom set aside money for college so I can go to the junior college for now.  I still plan to attend Newman next year and my goal is to work on my golfing and play the junior circuit instead this school year.  Newman offers scholarships for golfing so if I improve my game this year, I might be able to attend Newman on a partial or even maybe a full scholarship.  Then, my mother can pay for me to go to Newman, even if my dad isn't working.  I am working with my golf coach, Mr. Damien, who attended Newman and also he was on their golf team.  Mr. Damien knows what I need to learn to be on the golf team at Newman.  When I finish at Huntington, I go to my golf lessons during the weeknights. Here's a picture of Newman High and the Windsor Golf Club, where I play.  I once saw Mr. Hauth there!





It's going to be a busy summer.  I'm also completing Spanish IV by the end of summer and Latin studies on Rosetta Stone.  On Saturdays, I'm working from 10am to 2pm selling lemonade and cookies.  I can make about $60 on a good Saturday.  I want to save this up.  I want to go to Disneyland but I also want to buy a Nook from Barnes n Noble so I'm not sure what I'll spend the money on yet.  The Nook is really expensive! I'm still trying to think of a good online business.  So far, maybe I am going to sell birdhouses that I make myself but I'm not sure about that yet.  I have a lot of ideas!

Well, this is the reason that I won't be online that much this summer with the blog.  I will still blog about once a week and let you know what's new so remember to check back.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment