Saturday, May 28, 2011

Indian Valley is Busted By Rain!

Well, we were on our way north to Indian Valley last week but by the time we got to Ukiah, which is on the way, it was pouring rain!  Ugh.  Rain!  We couldn't go where we planned to go because there are dirt roads to that campsite and we are only driving a station wagon without all weather tires.  We didn't want to get stuck in the mud so far away so we had to go to Plan B.

We visited my good friend, Mikey, instead, and his mom, Ms. Pam, and his sister, Britney (hope I spelled her name right).  They live in Ukiah and we were there overnight.  Britney did my sisters' hair in curls.  That was cool.  She put feathers in their hair, too.  Mikey and I watched Harry Potter (without my sisters in his room) but he missed the ending because he fell asleep.  The movie was longer than we expected.  It was still a great time.  Here's a picture of me and Mikey from last year when I saw him play football in Cloverdale.




Most of the week, we visited my Tia Leslie, who is staying at my Nana's and Papa's in Sebastopol.  That was super fun because Ms. Maria is there with her boys so we had a great time together.  John is my cousin and my Tia's son.  He is out of school for the summer so he hung out with us, too.  I even got to talk to my Tio Adam about the Hubble Telescope.  Tio Adam normally is too busy or he is working and can't talk so it was nice to talk with him this time.  He knows a lot of stuff.

Here's my cousins Johnny (he's 15) and Mikey (he's 6).  Johnny's always joking and clowning around.



Well, it's Memorial Day Weekend and we are off to the coast unless the rain spoils our fun.  There is fishing, camping, and, of course, the beach!  My sister wants to spend her actual birthday at the beach, rain or shine!  (She's crazy.  She says we can use an umbrella if it rains!)  Well, it IS her birthday so I guess we will be at the beach on the 31st.)  My Mama found a great place to camp for free.  We will be near Bodega Bay.  I hope it's sunny!



The rest of next week, we are going to Tahoe, while our car is repaired in Santa Rosa.  We will get a loaner car from the shop that is brand new and drive it to Tahoe, unless it's storming or snowing badly.  It will be a short trip but if Mama can get a deal on the hotel, like she did last time, we will all go snowboarding!  The last time we went up there, we took an old, blue station wagon and we got a hotel for $34 a night during the summer.  Mama says that kind of deal is unheard of in Tahoe during the summer but my Mama can find all the deals.

We have to be back in town by Friday because Mama has a new job interview and needs to meet someone in Rohnert Park about it.  We also have an application for a new place that is getting processed and they said they won't be finished with it until the end of the week.  I hope we get the new place but I still want to keep traveling.  Mama says she thinks she can squeeze one more trip in this summer even though we are going to be at summer school and even if she gets the new job.  If she doesn't get the new job, she still has her old job waiting.  She is supposed to go back to work right after 4th of July at H&R Block.  She'll be there while we are at summer school.

Happy Memorial Day!  Remember the veterans you know who have fought in wars on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment