Friday, October 14, 2011

Scouting, Gaming and Beyond!

So, another year is another opportunity to be a Boy Scout.  I'm a Lone Scout, actually, which is a special kind of Boy Scout that travels or lives far away from other scouts.  But at the same time, I'm lucky.  I'm a welcome member when I'm in town of our local Windsor troop.  So, I get the best of both worlds!  This year, my scout goals are to achieve the Tenderfoot Rank, the Golf Merit Badge (shout out to all golfers!) and to achieve my Religious Emblem Award, which is a special award for those who take great study of their religion.  It will be awarded to me during service, in front of everyone.  It's a real honor.  One of the great things about scouting is that some of what I do in scouting counts as schoolwork!  For example, I am studying Robotics with my host troop and will create a robot, as well as attend a robotics event in the South Bay.  It's super fun to learn about mechanical engineering - that's what robotics is!

Here I am in my uniform.



The latest and greatest in my gaming life is that I have a new game for Wii.  It is DJ Hero 2.  I haven't played it yet, but I will tonight!  It lets you act like a real DJ.

My latest project (and part of my schooling) is my creation of an online website for my business.  I am excited to report that we are very close to a launch date.  Stay tuned!  I will definitely let you all know when my website is live... just in time for Christmas!  I'm using it as a way to finance some of the travels I will be doing for school and also a way to save up for college.  Since I am halfway through my Business Math class, the new skills I've learned in it will really help me when it comes to running my new web business.

No comments:

Post a Comment