Monday, May 2, 2011

A Fun Day with Local Texans.

Yesterday, we went to St. Catherine's Church. The church was very big. There were a lot of people there.  It was the biggest church I'd ever seen. After service, we went to the Stone Brier Mall to get an oil change and shop a little. After that, we were invited to a party by locals who had a birthday party for their son, who was turning two. We got him a present and went to Chuck E. Cheese. It was  a fun time. I got 132 tickets and got a prize. I played Guitar Hero there and most of the games there.

St. Catherine of Sienna

We were going to go to leave for Austin after the party, but the weather was bad. There were storm warnings for tornadoes and a lightening storm where we were, so we didn't go to Austin.  When we got back to my mom's friend's apartment, it was thundering. The weather forecast said that it was going to rain for two days and it still is. The thunder and lightning scared my sister and my mom had to calm her down. They have a saying in Texas. The saying is, "If you don't like the weather, wait a while."  It goes from freezing, crazy rain storms to hot, humid and sunny in just a few hours. Tonight, we are finally off to Austin! I am going to see the Alamo.

No comments:

Post a Comment