Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Croatia: Riding The Ferry

When I heard I was taking a ferry to Croatia, I was really excited.  I was even more excited when I saw that the "ferry" looked more like a cruise ship.  I boarded to find out there was a restaurant, a bar, and in the bottom of the boat, even a section for vehicles!  I later came to know the vessel could could hold 3,600 vehicles, and 27,540 people!

Jadrolinjia Ferry, Emilio Galo
I went to eat in  the restaurant, low and behold, it was fine dining! The food was way better than I thought it would be.  I ate "pancakes" which were a bit different than the ones back in the US, but still tasted good.  I didn't visit the bar, but there was an outside seating area for that.

Selfie outside, Emilio Galo

After I had settled into my cabin, I went outside to see the shore slowly fading away.  It was fun to see it, but after a while it got cold, since it was night.  It also got windy, but luckily I was wearing a pretty good so it didn't bother me too much.  When the ferry got fully onto the Adriatic, and there was no shore in sight, it was eerie.  It was so dark I couldn't even see the sky from the ocean.

The Shore, Emilio Galo


I was delighted to experience the free breakfast in the restaurant that came with your purchase of a cabin.  Eggs, muffins, butter, all of that good food.  Granted, it wasn't a huge meal, but it was filling and just perfect.



-S. Galo

No comments:

Post a Comment